We act in all types of disputes. Our clients include Banks, Trust Companies, Funds, Investment Managers, High Net Worth Individuals, Liquidators and Law Firms.
We are expert problem solvers, effective negotiators and experienced in appearing in the higher courts of Jersey.
We are committed to achieving the fast and cost-effective resolution of disputes for our clients. We deliver early, concise advice and guidance, and so enable our clients to make informed, commercial decisions.
Our Services Include
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Asset Tracing: setting aside structures and identifying and recovering the proceeds of fraud
- Banking: breach of mandate, mis-selling and claims under guarantees
- Bribery & Corruption: recovery of the proceeds of corruption, and advising those holding the proceeds.
- Company and Shareholder Disputes: unfair prejudice claims and derivative actions
- Criminal: fraud, ‘white collar’ and serious and complex crime
- Debt recovery: enforcement and recovery of judgments and awards
- Directors: breach of duty claims, disqualification proceedings, insolvency and board advice
- Disciplinary: misconduct claims before professional bodies
- Disclosure: obligations and document retention
- Employment: unfair and constructive dismissal, redundancy and discrimination
- Funds: investor group actions, regulatory proceedings; NAV disputes
- Injunctions: freezing, disclosure and search and seizure
- Insolvency: cross-border assistance, bankruptcy and liquidations
- Insurance: policy coverage and claim management
- International cooperation: challenging disclosure notices and seizure orders (“saisies judiciaires”) and managing the disclosure process
- Investments; portfolio management and mis-selling claims
- Matrimonial; divorce, separation, financial orders and children
- Partnership: professional and investment partnership disputes
- Professional negligence: claims against the full range of professionals, including accountants, lawyers and surveyors
- Regulatory: enforcement proceedings, banning and disqualification orders, and AML/CFT issues
- Tax: contesting notices served under tax information exchange agreements, and managing tax investigations
- Trusts: breach of trust claims, trustee directions and applications